This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.

You qualify for help with health costs if you and your family receive:

  • Income support
  • Income based Job Seeker's Allowance
  • Income related Employment Support Allowance
  • Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
  • Working or Child Tax Credit NHS Exemption Certificate
  • Universal Credit (Limited Eligibility)

If you do not receive these benefits, you can also apply for a Low Income Certificate. 

  • Receiving disability living allowance? Small private pension?
  • Student? Carer?

Ask for an HC1 form at your hospital, job centre, dentist or optician or call Healp with Health Costs on 0300 330 1343.  they will be able to offer help and advice on completing the form.

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website